Currently looking for Research Positions | Summer 2019
I’m actively seeking research opportunities for the summer of 2019. Areas of interest broadly include Machine Learning, Compression & Cyber Security.
Research Assistant at the American University of Beirut | May – August 2018
• Rewrote and worked on adapting an existing OCT scanning algorithm to different scanner formats. • Used machine learning to identify valid corneal scan frames from the original video format. • Used OpenCV to detect corneal haze contours and the corneal demarcation line. • The resulting study will be submitted for review and upon approval I will be listed as a contributor.
Reinvention of the Precision-Time-Protocol
While developing Airly, I accidentally reinvented the Precision-Time-Protocol. I wrote a short white paper about it and why it works. My version of the protocol includes a mechanism that allows it to better deal with variable latency on congested networks by averaging calculations over time. I used the protocol to sync music offline between devices with nano second precision.
AI/Mobile Software Engineer at Audioworks | Nov. 2018 – Present
iOS Developer at Anghami | June – August 2017
• Independently integrated my proprietary music syncing feature from Airly into the mobile streaming service app. • Contributed to ongoing development of the mobile app and met production deadlines.
Cyber Security at PwC | July 2016
• Contributed to writing client sided technical specifications. • Attended company workshops pertaining to their cyber security consulting division. • Shadowed professional pen testers for a day.
iOS Developer at Saily | May – July 2015
• Assumed responsibility for critical parts of the Saily App in a small team. • Independently built the Saily Apple watch app from scratch. • Met strict deadlines and delivered a polished product.
iOS Developer at FOO_ | June – July 2014
• Contributed to the development of ongoing projects for clients making use of custom APIs. • Built an in-house crash-reporting tool using custom APIs to transfer the crash logs to the company’s database. • Researched facial recognition technology demonstrating the OpenCV framework with the capability of recognizing facial features such as left eye, glasses, eyebrows, etc…
> University of Toronto, 2017 – 2021, B. Sc. in Computer Science, GPA – 3.00
> International College, 2008 – 2017, French Baccalaureate, Concentration in Biology, GPA – 3.5